Thursday, April 24, 2014

God in the Large House

I have wanted to write something with that title since my days working at Mexico Cinema III. Anyway God is in the large house because that is what theatre the movie God's Not Dead was playing in yesterday when I went to see it. Having spent years working at the Cinema, I know that the credits are the most important part of the movie for multiple reasons. First, everyone who did something for the production of that movie has their name listed in the credits. Second, the credits give the theater crew time to quickly give the house a once over before the next show starts. This time I noticed that the credits dedicated the movie to campus ministries that went to court fighting for their right to express their faith. As both a participant in campus ministries and a leader in campus ministries, I was surprised by the number of campus ministries that were listed. I was instantly thankful that I had never had to defend my right to express my faith. That movie basically displays that missionaries are the smartest and happiest people on earth. And while everyone does not practice Christianity or even their faith expression same way, one thing I completely agree with is that God's NOT Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment