Friday, May 30, 2014

In Missouri

While walking in a bunch of California Red Woods, my friend Keeley looked at me and said," Some days it just feels good to be alive." On Tuesday night my friend Lindsey and I went to watch the Sporting Kansas City vs. New York Red Bull game. After the intense draw, fans were invited to sit on the field and watch team USA on the jumbotrons of Sporting Park. As I sat in the center of the field, I noticed that everyone in California (where the game was being played) was shivering. As I was explaining that the lack of humidity in CA allows for the evenings to be cooler, I felt the muggy humidity of Misouri, (well Kansas technically) and I thought it just feels good to be alive. As I wait for a new placement, I like to just take in the feeling of being. I don't know how much of the summer I will spend in Missouri, but I am enjoyinhg the feeling of just being here, for now anyway. I am looking forward to moving to a new place, the new challenges, and new people I will meet, but today I am just enjoying the humidity and the feeling of just living.

No comments:

Post a Comment